Stock investing can be risky, but not as scary as what most people would think. If you can manage risks with safe and time-tested investment strategies, then you can take advantage of and ride out the stock market volatility, hence securing investment profits.
Over the years of upsurging consumer prosperity and financial education making inroads in our information age, more and more Filipinos, especially the financially literate digital natives, have been aggressively exploiting the potential of the web and technology to make creative sources of income and investment opportunities, the most notable of which is – online stock investing.
With the massive wave of discount online stock brokerage firms brought about by sophisticated electronic technology, stock investors and traders can now buy and sell securities online; i.e., without walking into a brokerage firm or making an order over the phone.
To help you start with stock investing, I have prepared below a list of selected websites and blogs that offer practical discussions and articles about the basics of stock investing.
 Smart Pinoy Investor | Romer Tawid. Smart Pinoy Investor – Investing and Personal Finance for Pinoys offers a density of personal finance tips, tricks, stock picks, recommendations, and free online lessons for beginning investors. So far, it is the most shared and read blog that teaches beginners the basics of stock investing, not to emphasize much the hundred thousand members in his Facebook group, Investing in the Philippines Stock Market – Tips and Tricks. Key articles about stock investing include:
- How to Invest in Philippine Stock Market for Beginners
- How to Open an Online Stock Trading Account in COL Financial (Citiseconline) – for OFWs and Newbies
- Easy Investing at Philippine Stock Market with Strategic Averaging Method (SAM)
- How to Choose What Stocks to Buy and Sell in Philippine Stock Market
- Four Simple Tips for Newbies in Philippine Stock Market
 PSE Academy | Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc. In partnership with PSE Foundation, Inc., PSE Academy serves as the official market education website of the Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc. (PSE) and provides a comprehensive, interactive, and practical web-based stock investing education for existing market participants, would-be equity investors, and the public in general. Key articles about stock investing include:
- Investor Rights and Protection
- How Do You Make Your Money Grow in Stocks?
- How to Read Stock Quotes
- Introduction to Cost Averaging
- Stock Market Investing Reminders
 Investagrams| John Christian Bisnar. With the mission of giving free stock investing education to Filipino people and encouraging proper and smart investment in equities, Investagrams is a one-stop shop to financial freedom that offers a virtual stock trading experience and an access to different stock investing and trading tools. Key articles about stock investing include:
- Investagrams’ Guide on How to Start Investing in the Stock Market
- Investagrams’ Stock Market Glossary
- Five Reasons to Invest in the Philippine Stock Market
- Choosing Your Weapon in the Stock Market – Fundamentals vs Technicals
- 5 Steps to Overcome Hard Times in Trading
 Pesos and Sense | Aya Laraya. Pesos and Sense is a reputable financial education website that covers personal finance and investment topics that, accordingly, ‘intimidate’ the average Filipino. What makes the site special is the simple and practical approach in discussing ‘complex and complicated’ finance-related topics, particularly stock investing. If you don’t feel like reading online articles, then Pesos and Sense has a YouTube channel where you can watch educational videos about stock investing. Key articles about stock investing include:
- 5 Easy Steps to Start Investing in the Stock Market
- Understanding the Risk When Investing in the Stock Market
- What is the Best Stock Market Strategy for You?
- How to Pick Winning Stocks
- Be a Partner with Business Tycoons
 Pinoy Investor Academy | Pinoy Investor. As an online resource for making smart stock investment decisions, Pinoy Investor Academy provides its members with educational resources on the basics of stock investing and consolidated and extensive stock market research, analyses, and reports. Key articles about stock investing include:
- Are You Fit to Invest in Stocks?
- Tutorial on Stock Trading and Investing
- What Causes Stock Prices to Change?
- Guide on Dividends: What is Ex-Date, Ex-Dividend Date, Record Date?
- Stock Trading Fees, Taxes and Charges in the Philippines
 PhilPad | Fehl Dungo. As one of the most visited websites in the Philippines, PhilPad can be your pad on anything Filipino. With this, it also covers topics such as money and investing, hence dedicating a section to lay a blueprint for beginners in stock investing and trading. Key articles about stock investing include:
- Stock Market Tutorials Philippines – Complete Guide
- Requirements to Invest and Trade in the Stock Market
- When should you Buy Stocks in the Stock Market?
- How to Use Fundamental Analysis to Pick Stocks to Buy
- How to Flip Stocks to Build Millions and Earn More Money?
 Marvin Germo | Marvin Germo. Marvin Germo is the best-selling author of three books – Stock Smarts: Stock Investing Made Easy, Stock Smarts: Winning Strategies for Investing, and Stock Smarts: Stress Free Investing. His self-named blog serves as his personal journal where he shares his investment insights and experiences. Key articles about stock investing include:
- 10 Reasons Why Every College Student Should Invest in Stocks
- How to Keep Your Job and Still Earn in Stocks
- Mythical Five of Stocks: Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Long Term
- Does Peso Cost Averaging Work?
- What Should I Do When My Portfolio is Up 75%?
 Investing Engineer PH | Mark Gerard Salvador. Investing Engineer PH is a value investing blog that promotes value investing approach in the Philippine Stock Market. It publishes stock analyses and reviews, and teaches actionable value-based strategies to aspiring investors so they can succeed from this common sense investing philosophy. Key articles about stock investing include:
- 5 Common Investing Mistakes We All Can Make Without Realizing It
- Have You Bought Stocks at the Peak of a Bull Market?
- How to Survive in Market Crashes
- Value Investing in the Philippine Stock Market: This is What I Do!
- 8 Most Common Investing Mistakes (And How Pinoy Investor Will Help You Avoid Them)
 Ready To Be Rich | Fitz Villafuerte. Satisfying online readers from almost all walks of life with no-nonsense personal finance-related articles for almost a decade, Ready To Be Rich has undoubtedly established itself as a helpful and reliable resource of tips and informative discussions on business, investments, personal finance, and others. Key articles about stock investing include:
- The Best Philippine Stocks for Long Term Investment
- How to Compare Stocks for a Financial Edge
- How to Know if It’s Time to Sell Your Stock Investments
- 5 Toxic Myths About Stock Market and Forex Trading
- Five Quick Tips for Long-Term Investors in the Stock Market
 Millionaire Acts | Tyrone Solee. Millionaire Acts, from being a personal investment journal, has already broadened its network and public exposure through dozens of media mentions and appearances. Interestingly, it covers a wide niche in business and entrepreneurship, personal finance, investments, frugal living tips, and others. Key articles about stock investing include:
- How Stock Market Works
- Do’s and Don’ts When Buying Stocks
- What Stocks to Buy?
- How to Become an Ultimate Investor Through IPOs
- Invest in Stock Market, The Warren Buffett Way
 signed MARCO | Marc Kenneth Marquez. Formerly publishing as iMillennial, signed MARCO | Lifestyle and Personal Finance is a Philippine-based online publisher and resource of lifestyle, personal finance, and other investment-related advice, insights, and guides. In a nutshell, this blog promotes financial literacy among young Filipino millennials in the Philippines and around the world. Key articles about stock investing include:
- Investing in the Philippine Stock Market Made Easy (Stock Investment Guide)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Stock Certificates and Scripless Trading
- Bakit Pabago-bago (tumataas at bumabagsak) ang Presyo ng Stocks?
- Iba’t ibang Uri ng Stocks
- Talahuluganan ng mga Terminolohiya sa Stock Market (Stock Market Terms)