Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Bristol-Meyers Cell Therapy Operations is looking to hire an experienced systems data quality lead accountable for coordinating data quality activities between functional areas and site and global master data. Along with coordinating the effort to improve data quality, the candidate will design and develop solutions that improve the practice of Cell Therapy Data Governance. If you are an innovator that enjoys building comprehensive solutions this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your talent!
- Act as lead steward for the Cell Therapy Operations Data Domain.
- Develop a deep understanding of all enterprise modeled data objects relevant to Cell Therapy Operations.
- Educate stakeholders within the organization clearly understand how the information that impacts them is modeled and can properly use the information to operate the business.
- In coordination with the Master Data Business Process Owner, develop relationships, processes and controlling documentation to introduce new concepts and rules into the BMS enterprise data model.
- Craft standard processes and systemic controls to enforce the data standards align with the current design.
- With the guidance of the Global Head of Cell Therapy Product Data, develop a comprehensive Master Data Governance model that tracks ongoing data quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide coordination by making all efforts visible and driving an efficient strategy for master data corrections.
- Generate key performance indicators to track performance to target.
- Under the Cell Therapy Materials Management Transformation Initiative, facilitate a regular Master Data Governance Center of Excellence Forum. The forum should be inclusive to all impacted areas of Cell Therapy, introduce and adjust standards to improve master data quality.
- Serve as liaison to Enterprise Architecture, Business Analytics and Information Technology for topics pertaining to Cell Therapy Master Data.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent experience. Masters or other advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of overall relevant experience within supply chain/planning/manufacturing/data management or engineering environment
- 2+ years of progressive data modeling experience, with responsibility for business analysis, solution architecture and implementation on medium to large scale projects.
- Excellent technical leadership and collaboration skills to work effectively with partners across matrix organizations, including Quality, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing Operations.
- Self-Driven with strong communication, planning, organization, and collaboration skills are required.
- Hands on development experience with Python, SQL, PostgreSQL, Domino for Redshift is a plus.
For roles based in the US Manager level starting compensation for this job is a range from $92,000 - $115,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). Senior Manager level starting compensation for this job is a range from $114,000 - $144,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience.
For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.